Friday, February 24, 2006

Babe Speaks:

Arrgh! I've been kidnapped by aliens! They stuck things into my private parts and then they cut me open and stuck tubes into me as well. While I was awake. I'm still looking for the microchip tracking device. Even when I thought Steph had come to rescue me it turned out to be a foul trick involving a Mad Russian Taxi Driver. And now I'm locked into a pathetic simulacrum of my house and I CAN'T GET OUT!!! Someone save me!

Note from Steph: It took her precisely the length of the taxi trip home to work the shunt out, so now I have to clean her bleeding wounds 4 times a day so that they won't close up. Babe, you better be worth it, is all I can say.

(My contribution to the Suppurating Wounds Club.)

4 comments:

theamazingcatherine said...

It is impressive.

I fold.

(Hope she gets better soon.)

Anonymous said...

Poor kitty.

qkohts - game played by cats in order to confuse humans by getting into hard to reach and/or uncomfortable looking places.

Stephanie said...

Babe is the sweetest cat alive. Four times a day I've been pinning her down and poking at deep cuts, not to mention forcing noxious tasting medicine down her throat. Does she scream? Does she scratch? Does she hide? Well, actually, no. She wriggles a lot trying to get away, but as soon as it's over she's back to being friendly again. It always blows me away how trusting and forgiving pets (and in fact children) can be. She doesn't know that I'm trying to help her, but she trusts me anyway.

Stephanie said...

And the latest update:
We went back to the vet this moring for a checkup and to have stitches taken out, and it's officially healing nicely. Babe was last seen sprawled in the sun on the deck downstairs saying "I can go outside again. This is ... good. Now go away and leave me to sunbathe."