Friday, February 03, 2006

Now I Have An Inhaler. Ho. Ho. Ho.

So. About a week ago, it suddenly occurred to me that nearly every time I've gone out on to grass lately I've started wheezing and coughing, even if only a little bit. If I go out on grass and run around it's a whole lot worse, with the one recent exception being a day when it rained a lot, so maybe less pollen or something. After wailing eloquently at my GP he said "Yeah, that sounds like asthma" and gave me a prescription inhaler as an experiment.

The experiment seems pretty damn successful - all of a sudden I can race up hills without having to stop and catch my breath at all. Seriously, I just walked up fom Brooklyn to Kingston in 28 minutes, which beats my best time for walking down the hill the other way. This is me, bouncing up the hill, humming the Pina Colada song: bounce bounce bounce...

Oh, and Memoirs of a Geisha was also very good. Thanks for the company, Frank.

3 comments:

three monkeys said...

Another member of the inhaler club. This has been the worst year I can remember for hay fever induced asthma.

Happy for you that it is working well.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for throwing out the invitation. The movie was certinly worth seeing.

I also bounced home, but it's much easier walking down from Brooklyn through Central Park than it is going the other way!

Is that the "if you like pina colada, and getting caught in the rain" song? If so, I can understand why you were singing it, it was a little drizzly wasn't it?

Edward Sargisson said...

Yay for you - sounds like you found a useful solution...