Wednesday, March 01, 2006

And now for the news...

1. Babe has ceased to leak, to the relief of us both. Now I can remove all the strategically placed towels that have been protecting the upholstery.
2. I've been back at Varsity for the last three days. It's good to be back, but all of a sudden I'm feeling stupid again, and I'm not loving the crowds.
3. I can now finger spell my name.
4. I got turned down as a group leader for the PASS programme. Bah! For maybe 12 hours of not-very-well-paid work, they sure do give people the run-around.
5. The frisbee game last night was much fun, albeit with an unprecedented number of collisions, falls, near-misses and plain just falling over one's feet. One of the last was me (although since I was scoring a point at the time, I ain't complaining), although the scariest part was when John ran over the girl I was marking and I had to somehow navigate over the pair of them.
6. Yesterday was Shrove Tuesday. Our frisbee team celebrated with pancakes. Is anybody in the team actually a Catholic? Anyway, the pancakes were good, thank you for the idea, John. Now, what to give up for Lent? Smoking?
7. I'm all of a sudden feeling very tired and deflated. There's been a lot of stuff happening lately, and it all seemed to catch up at once. Yesterday's late night is probably not helping any. :-(

Steph

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm thinking about giving up work for Lent.

yxvunfom - one of the lesser known norse gods, responsible for beard cleanliness, he carries a large comb.

Anonymous said...

Sam is teh Catholic. At least he was raised that way...

Unfortunately, what you give up for lent, you do in excess on easter sunday. eg, if you give up all food but bread and water, you bing eat on easter sunday. So if you were to give up smoking...

Anonymous said...

Hey, that's an awesome idea.

You could give up baking cakes for your friends, then, or maybe give up holding parties in your spa pool :-)

theamazingcatherine said...

I shall give up...

coffee.

(Lord help me.) I'm going to give myself an out with tea, though. Hey - am I a Catholic?

Congratulations on the non-leaking thing.

Stephanie said...

Unfortunately, what you give up for lent, you do in excess on easter sunday.
So my friend who gave up having sex for Lent .... Hmm.

You could give up baking cakes for your friends, then, or maybe give up holding parties in your spa pool :-)
But no-one ever makes cakes for me! Or pancakes even. Although Mike did come through with a nice hot cup of tea... ;-)

Anonymous said...

My tea making skills were up to scratch then. Good, I was worried.

teinze - a figure from german folklore, he would hide in a house and confuse the residents by making chicken noises.