Friday, February 24, 2006

My Cat Does Not Cost More Than A Car...

But she's working on it. It turns out that the scratch at the base of her tail wasn't her only injury while I was away, she has a nice juicy abscess. Also, because I didn't spot it until yesterday, it's grown large enough that the vets can't just give her antibiotics and are weighing up the relative risks of trying to drain it in a half-arsed fasion with her awake or putting her under general anaesthetic and doing the job properly.

How does Babe get an abscess? She spends 98% of her time inside sleeping. Bah! Humbug! I'm worried. :-/

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So where's Babe's post.
I can see that she was typing (those claws are quite precise don't you know) but you didn't click send for her.

I WANT TO SEE BABE'S POST!

Stephanie said...

And the update is I just got a call from the vet and she was able to put a shunt in under local anaesthetic and it looks like she'll be fine. Phew.
I'll get her to post something when I get back. ;-)