Tuesday, May 16, 2006

On Breakfalls...

So this evening at our frisbee game, I made an involuntary but extremely exciting horizontal flying dive. To the good people at Sword and Shield who taught me how to breakfall, I didn't do the slap-hand-on-ground thing, but did (by reflex or accident) manage the land-on-side-and-cushion-head-with-shoulder thing. So I have a slightly stiff neck and a grazed elbow, and hopefully things won't get any more exciting than that. Thanks for teaching me how to breakfall, guys!
(Would someone please give Steve Hodgson a hug for me and explain why?)

(And once again, I muse on the paradox that a non-contact sport like frisbee is, practically speaking, more dangerous than sword fighting.)

Hooray! My birthday is only one hour and four minutes away.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday to you! Happy birthday to you! Happy... oh, you know what comes next.

How does it feel to be old?

Hugs from Donald and me (and I've passed your message on to Steve)

Edward Sargisson said...

Happy Birthday, Steph.

Have a great day!

Edward

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday!

I cringed at the sound you made as you hitt the ground. It was brutal. :-/
Yay for landing well!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday.
Doing anything thursday night?

Stephanie said...

Current plans are to study for a test on Friday, which is pretty boring I know, but them's the breaks.

Anonymous said...

Ah well, best not keep you from that then.