Thursday, December 07, 2006

Christ, O Thou Pelican

I just saw a Pelican!!! It was so cute and pink and fluffy and, and, and...

I'm currently in Sitia, which is quite small, about 9,000 people but has a nice waterfront. Not much to say apart from that this morning in Aghios Nicholaos (ie St Nicholas) was a public holiday to celebrate the Feast of St Nicholas. The other Steffany and I walked up to the town cathedral to see if we were in time for the procession (we weren't) but the people clustered outside were so friendly (they gave us bread tied with purple ribbons, even) that we asked if we could go inside, and lit candles for the people back at home. It was lovely inside, and I'm very glad I went.

2 comments:

theamazingcatherine said...

Was it a baby pelican? I had thought that they were white.

Would write a longer comment, but I really must get some sleep at some point tonight.

*Yawn*

Have fun in the City of Saint Nick.

Stephanie said...

No, it was very big, and sort of a light rosy pink. And did I mention fluffy? I took pictures, but I suspect they'll be too blurry.