Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Updates

So, what has little Steph been doing with herself, lately?
Well, I went to a Frisbee tournament, I went to work (in Auckland), and I went to Easter Camp. Also, today was the start of the University Games, although I'm getting over a cold and slunk off home after the first game to get some sleep.

Memorable bits from the last couple of weeks (in no particular order):
- Getting a shiny new sword, made just for me! (Thank you Darren.)
- Actually managing to figure out a problem that was happening at work and come up with a solution. It was a frustrating few days to start with. :-(
- Watching a couple of friends break up with fairly vindictive timing within about 10 minutes of arriving at Easter Camp.
- Being told by my sister that there was a girl there that wanted to hit on me within about 10 minutes of arriving at Easter Camp. (She didn't, but it was a rather surprising thing to be told.)
- Seeing, in Waiouru, an ad for fetish and leather supplies outside the local Subway. Supplying the army trade maybe?
- Realising that people in small towns like Pahiatua are actually quite cool about people in weird clothes invading their supermarkets (unlike three_monkey's Christmas experience).
- Being in a story circle that lasted for, like, three hours. "Sing a song, tell a story, ask a riddle, do a dance, or go hide in the cow byre until an angel inspires you." (People who were really stumped were let off with autobiographical anecdotes, like the first time they fell in love, or that time they almost died. Although I'm not sure that that's being let off lightly.)
- Getting home. Thank you for looking after Babe, Edward, she's looking happy and comfortably squishy.
- Relaxing in a spa pool working out kinks afterwards. Thank you for keeping me company, John. :-)

5 comments:

theamazingcatherine said...

She was a very nice girl. And why do you think she was bidding so high in the slave auction, hmm? We got off lucky, or missed out on a marvellous experience, depending on your point of view.

I think her name is Kirsty; she lives in Wellington.

I, too, have a cold.

Stephanie said...

We got off lucky, or missed out on a marvellous experience, depending on your point of view.
That thought had occurred to me, yes. We did braid her hair for her, though, anyway. (It was lovely and long.)

Anonymous said...

that was Kirsty all right.
very pretty long hair, have known her since she was knee-high to a grasshopper :)

Stephanie said...

That's good to know. Um, who are you?
Also, since you're a mate of hers, I have no idea how serious she actually was about any of that. And I'm seeing someone right now. Er. (I've been hit on by guys before, but with girls I really don't know what the etiquette is.)

Anonymous said...

Colin :)
she was only kidding, i think
shes happily attached