Saturday, September 24, 2005

The Harrowing of Hell

Watch Satan get what's coming to him in a genuine Medieval Mystery Play!

LAUGH at the devil's comic antics.
THRILL at the might of Jesus.
REJOICE at the rescue of those virtuous heathen type people.
JEER at a University lecturer being thrown into the darkest pit of hell.

Thursday, 6 October, 2.10pm
Memorial Theatre Foyer (in the Student Union building), Victoria University
No charge, light refreshments afterwards.
ALL WELCOME.

There was talk of running a dress rehearsal with an audience, so if you're interested but can't make 2pm on a Thursday, let me know and I'll get in touch when I know the time for the dress rehearsal.
(I'm playing Beelzebub. Heh heh heh.)
And they really liked my banner. :-D

Stephanie

6 comments:

theamazingcatherine said...

Well, I'm glad that they liked the banner. I don't think I can make it (a Thursday?!) unless your dress rehearsal is on the weekend. Curse you Be-elzebub!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like fun and would like to make see the rehearsal, but can't do weekdays. If it's an evening or weekend then let me know.

Stephanie said...

Hi Ivan,

I assume you're the Ivan that works at Weta? I never did catch your (?) last name.

There's no formal dress rehearsal with a set start time, but we're supposed to bring costumes and that to the rehearsal this Saturday in the same venue, to which you are very welcome to drop in and do audience type things (clapping is always a good sign). It starts at 10-ish and runs until people slink off home, but I wouldn't bother arriving until after 11, so people have time to sort out costumes and things.

Stephanie

Anonymous said...

No, I'm the Ivan from Confusion and Bookfair.

Thanks for that. I'll see if I can make it over. (Actually... where *is* the venue? There seem to be about eight hundred Victoria University buildings scattered around Wellington... which one is the SU?)

Anonymous said...

Never mind. Found it.

Stephanie said...

"No, I'm the Ivan from Confusion and Bookfair."
Gotcha. Too many people that I only know by first name. Or no name at all, given my shocking memory.

There's a sort of alley between Old Kirk and the Quad. The Student Union is at the end of the alley nearest town. Once you're in it, follow the signs to the memorial theatre.

Steph