Monday, February 07, 2005

Up, up and away...

OK, I'm moving tomorrow.

My life has been condensed into 4 cubic metres of stuff (or at least that's what the nice people at the moving company are charging me for), a suitcase of clothes and a cat. My pot plants are on long term loan to a friend, I have purchased an industrial grade cat cage that the airline will accept, I have purged a lot of books I don't read anymore and clothes I don't wear anymore and my room is almost down to remnants of furniture with set squares, miscellaneous CDs, a padlock, a letter holder, unused envelopes, scissors, hair stuff and all the little bits and pieces that just don't pack up easily.

Most of my forms have been filled out, the movers turn up tomorrow at lunch time and my sister is expecting me and the cat. Her name is Babe by the way. Somehow I suspect that with all this, she still hasn't worked out that we're moving yet. She's purring far too much to have pre-move nerves.

More later. (Wellington, here I come.)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

And despite everything else, you manage to appear calm!

*warm fuzzies*

And as for the cat - perhaps she does now and has accepted it. But then.. I could be wrong.

Takle care and I'll try and be there to say bye on Saturday.

The Alan/Fruitbat

Stephanie said...

On Saturday???

I'm going tomorrow evening. Plane leaves at 6.40pm.

Steph

Anonymous said...

Ok - so my brain fried. It's been doing that a lot lately.