Sunday, January 18, 2009

Back From KapCon

Have just staggered back from KapCon, had a really good time, but Very Tired.

In brief:
- ran a game called Sitting Shiva which didn't suck. Actually, I got very positive comments from the players, along with helpful comments about things to tinker with on reruns. Am really glad that I got a strong set of roleplayers who threw themselves into the concept, even the new guy who had hardly any gaming experience. Will do a proper writeup in a bit, post to Gametime for them that are interested.
- had a jolly good time at the Mafia larp. Set dressing was awesome. Costuming was awesome. My character was awesome. Spent a lot of my time running around scheming on behalf of friends and/or faction members, with occasional business deals on my own account. Helped save my true love from self-inflicted death, and arranged appropriate revenge on the conniving former friend who'd told him I was dead, thus triggering the self-infliction bit. (It got very Romeo & Julietish for a bit, there.) Good times.
- Won something! I got one of the spot prizes at the prize giving. Some kind of miniatures game. I shall treasure it as the First Time I Won Something At Kapcon.
- General happiness of hanging out with people I hadn't seen in ages. Met some new people I like. Found out that a friend of mine has started going out with the cousin of another friend of mine, think this is excellent, everyone should look that happy.

9 comments:

Morgan Davie said...

Yes, post to Gametime, shiva sounded cool!

Matt said...

Nice write-up - looking forward to seeing more on Gametime!

Adrexia said...

That "telling him you were dead thing" was apparently the result of in character knowledge vs. out of character knowledge. I told him you had been fried by too many BTL's, which was the truth. In character, he would have known the effects of BTL and made his own conclusions, out of character none of us really knew what BTL's did until I got confused and asked a GM...

What was your revenge btw?

Stephanie said...

First I tried to slip you a sabotaged chip which would have given you a really bad trip with the message "DON'T TELL LIES" in burning letters at the end, but you had that whole, "Oh, I never touch that stuff" thing going, so I asked a favour from Cousin Nicky to have you roughed up on the street some time.

I was wondering if that "Gasp! She's dead!" thing was maybe programmed into Conway's character sheet, like maybe he had an exaggerated idea of what a bad trip would do, and also if you were specifically plotting against me instead of it just being an accident of misinformation.

Adrexia said...

From my point of view, Conway had sort of overreacted. I think putting death in quotation marks gave me that impression (i.e. Currently in tears over the "death" of his girlfriend).

I got the feeling that overdosing was treated a bit like a death (in the same way a car crash where the patient suffers horrible head injuries is treated as death), so I didn't really think much of it. It was odd to see you walking around though. Someone explained that because you make the stuff you may have had some sort of resistance to the effect.

Not that that meant my character was completely free from blame, mind you. She hadn't actually done anything, but her motives were less than kind.

The broken chip could have been awesome. *I* wouldn't have taken it... I had nothing but disdain for those who did^. But I could have decided to pass it on for profit.

--
^ Lets be honest, I had nothing but disdain for anyone. The only exception was Carmine, and that changed pretty quickly when he kept giving me the cold shoulder.

Stephanie said...

Ah, but on my character sheet, it said that you were the person who'd come and woken me up, and we'd spoken, so Twitch knew that Jenni knew that there was no coma.

Adrexia said...

Except that particular bit of information is probably delusion caused by overdose. :D

I did go to see you, found you and asked you if you wanted me to tell Conway what had happened. But in your comatose state you were unable to answer...

Stephanie said...

Hang on while I reread my character sheet - oh, that's right, you woke me up by kicking me in the head, talked to me for a bit, then wandered out, while I made rude gestures at you. I suppose there was some room for ambiguity in there...

Made for great roleplaying, though :-)

Anonymous said...

Incidentally, Conway totally believed that you were dead, he jumped to the wrong conclusion with the "Fried" comment :)

Cheers
GR