Friday, October 03, 2008

I has new computer

It arrived today, and is very black and shiny, and I'm still getting used to the typing feel of the keyboard.


Also, I finally finished the pair of gloves I spent the winter making Repton. Crochet is not my strong point, nor is making the same thing twice.
Show the nice people your hands, Repton...



ETA: Transferring data has turned out to be far simpler than I expected - we connected it to the house network and asked it to copy the My Documents folder (which took about three hours). Also some of the applications that I use that have lots of personalised settings turned out to have Import/Export functions. The case is so black and so shiny that for the first time in my life I lust to decorate a computer with sticker art.
Also, big ups to Dell, who not only made it easy to customise what features I wanted, but delivered the computer a full week earlier than promised.

1 comment:

RincewindTVD said...

Cool, makes me want battenberg cake.
Except then I remember how it tastes after the first slice.