Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Well, At Least It Wasn't Windy...

The frisbee game tonight was somewhat damp. Actually, it was very damp, and to add to the insult of being a drowned rat, I was the only girl there for the first half, which meant that I couldn't sub off. Phew.

All of which is lots of exaggeration for dramatic effect, because it turns out that a little bit of rain makes for a very fun game. We didn't get nearly so overheated and there were some amazingly spectacular dives and slides. Also, because I take my victories where I can find them, I survived a frisbee game where I wasn't allowed to sub off in the first half. (Tanja, thank you, you have officially saved my life. :->)

It was very very good to crawl into warm dry clothes when I got home, though.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wahey! I did make a difference! Go me!

Grin... seriously - I'm glad to hear you enjoyed the game, hon. And yeah... getting soaked to the skin is never quite as bad when you *know* there's a hot shower, dry clothes and a cuppa waiting for you when you get home

Hugs

T

Anonymous said...

'Tis true, the other team picked her as Best Player.

kjnvs - A Swedish festival celebrating the invention of the sauna.