Wednesday, October 26, 2005

I Played Frisbee Last Night!

No, really, in an organised sports team and everything. Our team has several scarily good players and rabble. I'm rabble and I throw like a girl, but to my advantage is gender - there have to be two women on the field at all times so having extras who can sub for each other is a good thing. Also, it means getting out to a park on a summer evening and running around a lot which is lots of fun. It's also a friendly atmosphere - it's all about fun and sportsmanship and after each match the competing teams wander around shaking each others' hands and thanking them for the game. Several times this worked out as a receiving line effect - both teams ended up in queues working their way along the other queue. (If only I can teach them how to Hay!) Last night was the first in the season and was organised as a bunch of short matches so that the organisers can work out which grade everyone should be in. It was actually very interesting watching over the course of the evening our team's throwing skills and tactics improving. I think we'll be quite low on the rankings, but that means there's nowhere to go but up.

2 comments:

Edward Sargisson said...

My goodness - my sister is actually partaking in real, honest to goodness, heart rate raising sport!

Fabulous!

We'll have you doing an Ironman next...

It's actually quite cool playing in a sports team when everything's working properly. Makes you feel good.

theamazingcatherine said...

I can't... quite see her up there with the Iron Men, somehow, Ned.