Monday, October 31, 2005

I Have A Cellphone Again...

Which is somewhat surreal when you consider that I lost it 3 months ago and the Lost Property boxes at the University all came up empty. It turned out that it had been handed into the English Department, thrown in a drawer and forgotten by somebody, and then found by somebody else who resourcefully swapped out the SIM card and called a random number from the Saved list. I am very grateful to the somebody else.

Oh, and I had an exam today. Is it a good sign if you get writer's cramp an hour in?

Stephanie

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay for the kindness (and resourcefulness of strangers). I've passed on to Donald that you are be-cellphoned again, and he's muchly happy for you.

Which exam did you have today? Good luck for it, whichever it was - and as for the writer's cramp after an hour... it all depends how many of the questions you'd answered before it set in.

Hugs

T

Stephanie said...

3 essays, an hour for each of them. Although I finished the last one with a lot of time to spare - it was a passage analysis about two different versions of the Adonis myth and I just couldn't think of anything else to say about them.

I always wonder about people who leave English exams really early. It's not like a Maths test where you know the answer or you don't - there's usually more to say.

Steph

Anonymous said...

Your exam sounds horrific. Hope that it went well. If the first two essays went well I wouldn't worry too much about the third.
Have just found your blog site after some searching - will transfer it to the main computer and keep an eye on you :)
Liz (Mum)

Stephanie said...

Not really horrific, just that I had a lot to say.

Steph

Anonymous said...

Always a positive thing to have too much to say rather than not enough. Burbling, however, is Not Good.
I'm getting the hang of these comments bits now - have just left one on Catherine's blog and am Feeling Proud of Myself.

Anonymous said...

Ho ho --- My 2nd year calculus and linear algebra exams come to mind: I went through about two extra booklets in each of them, and was writing solidly right through the whole three hours..