Sunday, November 26, 2006

Not much to say ...

... except we've moved to Heraklion (on the tickets) or Iraklion (on the street signs). This place is so much nicer than Athens, you wouldn't believe it. The air tastes so good. I can walk around at night without rousting out someone to walk with me. (Not actually that difficult, the women in the group developed an unspoken agreement that we didn't have to go out by ourselves, because we found the solid clusters of young men standing around staring at us, combined with the almost compete lack of local women on the streets after five somewhat unnerving.) It's nice to go for a walk by myself again.

Today we went to Knossos, which was much coolness, particularly as one of the archaologists working on the site came out and gave us a very in depth tour of it.

I am feeling very homesick.

Take care all.

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

It's a day later, and I'm feeling considerably better about life. I also forgot to mention the Cats of Knossos. There was a family of them wandering around sqeuaking at us, expressing interest in our lunches, and sitting on our laps purring. They were a bit of a distraction from Dr Everley's talk, but I distinctly saw him patting one, so don't think he minded too much.