Sunday, May 03, 2009

My weekend

I haven't updated in absolutely ages. Alas etc.

The main thing is that my Gran is dying. I don't mean that she's been diagnosed with something icky (that was about a year ago), I mean that people are now saying hours or days but not weeks. I spent time with her yesterday and in the few weeks since I last saw her at Easter she has declined rather a lot. One of the things they don't tell you about old people whose bodies are starting to shut down is that their faces get very smooth and lose their wrinkles because the muscles in their faces start relaxing. Anyway, there's not much anyone can do now but keep her warm and pain free and keep her company while she sleeps. There are very many relatives flocking around right now, along with a full time carer called Kelly who is lovely and thinks Gran is neat. And I'm feeling sad, but at the same time all the regular parts of my life are ticking along as well.

Good night all.

3 comments:

Edward Sargisson said...

I'm sorry to hear the news. It's a sad time and I'll be thinking of you.

Unknown said...

:( Hug.

Stephanie said...

Thanks.

I got The Phonecall this morning. Mum says she went to sleep and didn't wake up again. There are worse ways to go, I'm guessing.