Tuesday, November 10, 2009

More cooking

Tonight we tried out rice risotto made from scratch. This entailed a shopping expedition to procure a bottle of wine (the first time I've been IDed in ages) and some saffron (which costs how much? Eep.)

The result was a bland looking glop that was really nice. Yum.

I went to visit Cat on the weekend and she made a point of making me deviled sausages and broccoli in cheese sauce, also made without the aid of premade assistance, in part because: "you made me such nice food last time I visited." I suspect there may be some cooking one-uppery in my near future...

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Less than difficult isn't it?

However, my own test cooking of osso bucco (with venison not veal) was bordering on a disaster as the meat was vulcanised.

theamazingcatherine said...

Don't forget the weetbix on top.