Tuesday, February 15, 2005

Watch Out Wellington ... Again

So the movers gave me trouble with when my stuff was going to arrive and I finished all the errands that I needed to run so I ended up going back to Palmerston North to visit Catherine again. I'm back now, the weather is great, my gear is finally here and I had a reverse negotiation with my landlord over rent.

Me: "Y'know, I rechecked my finances. I'm not as poor as I thought I'd be. Do you want me to raise my rent to X?" (previously we'd negotiated my rent at a discount because I'm a poor student.)
Norman: "I had a look at prices around here. Do you want to lower it to Y?"
Me: "Sure. Aren't we doing this the wrong way around?"

I will leave you all with the mystery of why packing materials take up more space when the things that they've been packed with have been removed even when I'm taking care to stack them in neatly.

Missing the Auckland contingent heaps,

Love to all,

Stephanie

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ah, Murphy's law of Packing Materials.

TTFN

Anonymous said...

Y'know, we've really got to get us a landlord like that... but a little longer term than yours.

Hugs

T

Anonymous said...

Hey Steph - just passing through and thought I'd say hi. Sorry we missed your farewell party :(

xx Deb